Our job vacancies are listed here. To apply for a position please email a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
NOW HIRING - Assistant Manager
£18k-£20K dependant on experience, reviewed annually.
35 hours per week spread Monday-Saturday, mix between daytime administrative and evening/ late night bar work.
Due to increasing trade and business growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a hard working and enthusiastic individual to step into the newly created role of Assistant Manager at The Washington.
About the Pub
The Washington is a well known and popular city centre pub in the heart of Sheffield with an intimate yet effective live music/ dance floor area. We are firmly embedded in the local live music scene and because of this a large portion of our regular customers are drawn from the local community of musicians and artists. However, more broadly speaking we are populated by an array of colourful characters from all walks of life.
During weekdays, trade is driven by live music events so an interest in this and a willingness to learn more about the intricacies involved is essential – of course existing experience in this area would be of great benefit to potential applicants but is not vital. On Fridays and Saturdays the pub becomes more like a night club with our popular indie/alternative DJ events filling the dance floor and the pub to the rafters until 3am.
Due to the fact that we are a wet-only venue, we only open in the evenings (6pm-2am Monday - Thursday, 4pm-3am Friday and Saturday) and do not open on Sundays. We pride ourself in our offering of entertainment, laid back but efficient and professional approach to customer service, a great range of products (including six cask ale and two draught craft lines as well as the usual suspects) and probably the biggest heated beer garden in town.
About the role
General responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Deputising for the general Manager
- Leading the team in delivering excellent service and customer experience
- Training and development of the team
- Stock ordering and collection of deliveries
- Cellar management duties
- Staff management including creation of rotas and processing of wages
- Cash handling, processing and cashing up of tills
- General management and day to day upkeep of the venue and cellar
The successful applicant will be expected to bring a can-do attitude with them to each shift and will work alongside the rest of the management team to push for continually higher standards. This is not a passive role, and on top of daily/weekly duties the ideal applicant will be expected to bring fresh ideas to the table in constant pursuit of betterment for the business.
The approximate average working hours are as follows (although they will change week to week depending on the needs of the business):
22 hours per week in a customer service capacity including at least one closing shift on a Friday or Saturday.
13 hours per week during the daytime for administrative duties and delivery collection.
2 years experience working in pubs/bars/nightclubs + 1 year in a Supervisory role
At least 2 years working in pub/bar/nightclub Supervisory role
- An understanding of cellar and dispense equipment
- Efficiency-orientated approach to delegation and team management
- Ability to work and problem solve under pressure.
- Skilled in organisation and planning
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to role model the values of the brand
Desirable/ Highly favoured
- Experience working with live music and/or DJs
- General understanding of Audio/ PA/ DJ equipment
- Keen interest in indie/alternative music
- A willingness and ability to engage professionally on behalf of our social media.
If you wish to apply for this position please email a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org